This is supplemental information for public safety and does not include the project specific emergency procedures in its entirety.
To protect the public from physical harm during construction of the Blue Quill Project. Special precautions need to be taken as this location is in close proximity to a school and public property used for community activities (Park/Sports Field).
Additional precautions for public safety
Note: During the Blue Quill 3 day public event in August extra care shall be taken when monitoring traffic entering and exiting the project gates. Scope of work shall be limited and only minimum traffic may enter and exit the project gate (site). Creation of noise and dust shall be minimized. Spotters are mandatory. Flammable products shall either be removed or adequately covered and kept out of the fireworks path of travel. Where possible and when safe to do so, additional parking areas shall be made available to the public.
- Project perimeter fencing to separate the public from the construction activities. Gates to be kept shut whenever possible during construction activity and locked when there is no construction activity (off hours).
- Signage noting project entry requirements including but not limited to Personal Protective Equipment, Hazard Assessments, Contacts and Emergency Procedures, Muster Point.
- Additional signage as required (I.e. Project Muster Point Location)
Traffic & Traffic Control
- Minimize off site trucking with good dirt management. No unnecessary trucking of dirt on/off the project.
- Spotters required when moving large equipment (I.e. 1 ton trucks or excavators) in/off of the project site (I.e. where construction intersects public walkways).
- Any partial or full temporary blockage of sidewalks and roadways will be rerouted. Flag persons to be used as required.
- Dust & dirt control management as required during ongoing construction activities. Keeping the public roadways and walks as clean as possible.
Site Cameras to record any criminal activity and serve as a crime deterrent. Additional security measures to be evaluated as required when the project is to commence.
This plan to be shared with:
- The school,
- parent advisory group
- Community league.
- City of Edmonton
- All contractors and employees (via email, letter, copy on the project site)
- Councilors’ office
- Any other personnel/groups that may be affected as required
- There must be ongoing hazard assessment and hazard control of construction activities.
- This plan is supplemented with an area map outlining the project site, school and the additional public properties.